Alina Kirievsky, founder of Eastern Suburbs Child Psychology, offers services for children and adolescents, and their families.
As a registered Educational and Developmental Psychologist, Alina has extensive experience in working with children and adolescents who may have developmental, learning, social, emotional and/or behavioural difficulties. These include anxiety, depression, bullying, self-esteem issues, social skills issues, Learning Difficulties, Intellectual Disability, Developmental Delay, ASD, ADHD/ADD.
She works with parents, teachers and health professionals to support child’s development and well-being, and provides:
- comprehensive assessment of children including IQ and Educational tests.
- intervention (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance Commitment Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy approaches are used)
- counselling for parents
This family-centred practice respects your perspectives and choices. Alina’s friendly and natural manner should make your child feel at ease in our relaxed and welcoming centre.
Alina speaks English and Russian.
Memberships and affiliations
- registration with the Psychology Board of Australia (PSY0001301871)
- member of the Australian Psychological Society
- member of the College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists
- accredited provider of the Triple P and Tuning Into Kids parenting programs
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental), UWS
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Science) (Honours), UNSW
- Bachelor of Arts, UNSW
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies, University of Newcastle
- Mini Certificate of Gifted Education, GERRIC, UNSW
Alina’s depth of experience includes:
- assessment and intervention in early childhood education, schools and private practice settings
- early intervention and disability, including sensory (hearing and vision) impairment
- assessment and support of gifted children
- running and facilitating parenting programs
- working in a multidisciplinary team